The National University System developed National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) to meet the growing need for high school students to learn in a non-traditional setting and format. Dedicated to the idea that people need the opportunity to learn anywhere and at any time, the National University System has been committed to providing access to high-quality relevant coursework to adult students for over 40 years.
That same commitment is now applied to meeting the needs of high school students and their families. By combining high-quality and interactive course content with the kind of personalized teaching that can only happen online, NUVHS is revolutionizing high school learning – and teaching!
At NUVHS, we are dedicated to ensuring that students receive the most interactive and engaging online learning experience available. Classes are kept small so that our instructors can provide students with individualized instruction of the highest caliber. If you are a highly qualified instructor and truly dedicated to providing the best learning experience possible to students, then you will enjoy working at NUVHS! Join us!
You may be the perfect candidate, if you possess:
- A passion for education with a genuine commitment for putting students first.
- Experience teaching at the high school level (online teaching experience strongly preferred).
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to convey meaning concisely.
- Highly proficient skills in using the Internet, e-mail, and a variety of computer applications.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- A strong work ethic, coupled with self-motivation and personal responsibility.
Minimum qualifications and special conditions of employment:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Valid teaching credential from the State of California in the appropriate area of instruction.
- Possession of a computer which meets the minimum system requirements for NUVHS online courses.
To apply for an adjunct faculty position, complete the NUVHS Adjunct Faculty Application and mail it to:
National University Virtual High School
Attn: Associate Director of Education
11355 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037-1013
Please include a cover letter with your application. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To search for available staff positions, please visit the National University Employment Opportunities page and look for positions labeled NUVHS.