National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) offers the premier high school online learning experience. NUVHS was formed in January 2004 and is an affiliate of the National University System. NUVHS strives to provide students the opportunity to achieve academic excellence through an online medium.
A virtual high school is a school without geographical limits. It allows students to complete courses wherever and whenever it is most convenient. NUVHS offers classes to students around the world, making it easier for student athletes, actors, military dependents and international students to earn an accredited U.S. diploma.
NUVHS allows for flexible scheduling as well. Students are able to enroll in NUVHS courses throughout the year, during one of three terms: fall, spring and summer. At NUVHS, students can complete a full semester course in as few as four weeks or as long as a typical semester term of 18 weeks. Accelerated study allows students to earn credits to replace a low grade or be more competitive on college applications.
Some highlights of our student-centered academic programs include:
- Curricula designed to meet or exceed California and national standards
- Instructor-led courses taught by highly qualified, CA credentialed teachers who are specially trained in providing online instruction
- 24/7 access to courses, with technical support also available 24 hours a day
- Frequent, meaningful communication among instructors and students through email and asynchronous discussion boards in every unit
- Special attention to students' preferred learning styles with content delivered in a variety of formats
- Access to one of the nation's largest e-libraries through the National University System
- NUVHS strives to create an online learning environment that is active, engaging, and cooperative.
NUVHS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). NUVHS has received online provider status for UC a-g courses and select courses have been individually approved. All core courses have been approved by the NCAA and NAIA. For more information about the approvals NUVHS has received please visit the Accreditation and Approvals in the upper left hand navigation of this page.