National University Virtual High School is committed to preparing students for college and careers, by giving them the best possible education to reach their academic goals.
NUVHS holds regional accreditation by WASC-ACS and AdvancED. These nonprofit, non-partisan agencies perform in-depth evaluations of PK-12 schools and school districts. The groups focus on accreditations for schools that demonstrate a commitment to the growth and development of all young learners.
NUVHS also has more than 40 individual University of California (UC) “a-g” course approvals and is an approved online course provider, meaning courses have proven to be academically challenging, with a strong focus on analytical thinking, factual content, and the development of reading, oral, and listening skills. Students who pass at least 15 a-g courses with a C or better qualify to attend a California University.
NUVHS is approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). NUVHS holds NCAA authorization for all core courses, allowing student athletes to meet initial eligibility requirements for participation in college athletics. The NCAA develops rules and policies to ensure the academic commitment of student athletes.
All courses meet or exceed the common core state standards for admissions to a University of California or California state University, and all Advanced Placement (AP®) courses are authorized by the College Board.
NUVHS is also approved by, maintains a partnership with or is a member of the following regional and national organizations focused on advancing educational opportunities to high school students across the U.S.
- International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ACSD)
- California Student Opportunity and Access Program (Cal-SOAP)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- California Charter School Association (CCSA)
- The Campaign for College Opportunity
- Computer Users in Education (CUE)
- Association of California School Administrations (ACSA)
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC)