The National University System developed National University Virtual High School (NUVHS) to meet the growing need for high school students to learn in a non-traditional setting and format. Dedicated to the idea that people need the opportunity to learn anywhere and at any time, the National University System has been committed to providing access to high-quality relevant coursework to adult students for over 40 years.
That same commitment is now applied to meeting the needs of high school students and their families. By combining high-quality and interactive course content with the kind of personalized teaching that can only happen online, NUVHS is revolutionizing high school learning – and teaching!
At NUVHS, we are dedicated to ensuring that students receive the most interactive and engaging online learning experience available. Classes are kept small so that our instructors can provide students with individualized instruction of the highest caliber. If you are a highly qualified instructor and truly dedicated to providing the best learning experience possible to students, then you will enjoy working at NUVHS!
You may be the perfect candidate if you possess:
- A passion for education with a genuine commitment to putting students first
- Online experience teaching at the high-school level
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to convey meaning concisely
- Highly proficient skills in using the Internet, e-mail, and a variety of computer applications
- Proven time-management skills and the ability to work independently
- A strong work ethic, coupled with self-motivation and personal responsibility
Minimum qualifications and special conditions of employment:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution
- Two to three years of online teaching experience at the high-school level
- Valid teaching credential from the State of California in the appropriate area of instruction
- Possession of a computer that meets the minimum system requirements for NUVHS online courses
To apply for an adjunct faculty position, complete the NUVHS Adjunct Faculty Application, and mail it to:
National University Virtual High School
Attn: Academic Manager
660 Bay Blvd., Suite 110B
Chula Vista, CA 91910-5200
Please include a cover letter with your application. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To search for available staff positions, please visit the National University Employment Opportunities page and look for positions labeled NUVHS.