Make a Difference!
Meet new friends, learn new skills, travel to new places, and improve the world by getting involved in community service. Volunteering benefits the whole community, and can also help boost your application and resume for college entrance.
Here are some good resources for getting involved:
- Do Something: Young People Changing Our World - Organize a recycling program or start a volunteer group in your area.
- Youth Noise - Make a difference though activism.
- Volunteer Match - Locate volunteer opportunities by location and interest area.
- Amigos de las Américas - Spend your summer vacation providing public health services in Latin America.
- Firestarter: Youth Empowerment Program - Get the motivation, awareness, and skills you need to get involved in your community.
- The Guardian Campaign - Find volunteer opportunities with animal organizations.
- The Harry Singer Foundation - Get involved in service learning programs and enter essay contests tackling current social issues.
- Humane Teen - Read stories about teen activists making a difference for animals and the environment, and find out how you can take action locally.
- Kids Can Make a Difference - Help discover solutions to help people affected by hunger and poverty, and then put those solutions to work.
- Projects Abroad - Spend your spring break or two weeks of summer vacation volunteering with other high school teens.
- The Student Conservation Association - Learn how to protect national parks and forests.
- 20 Ways for Teenagers to Help Other People by Volunteering - Find ideas for volunteer service.